Paying for the Funeral

An invoice for the funeral and disbursements will be sent to you, your solicitor, bank or other designated person, approximately one month after the funeral has taken place.

It is possible for the account to be paid from any funds held in the deceased’s bank or building society account and most banks and building societies are willing to release funds for this purpose.

If there is not enough money to pay for the funeral you may be able to receive help from a Social Fund. Contact our office for details of how to apply.

If you are dealing with the estate yourself, you may need to obtain Probate (a legally certified copy of the will) contact the local Probate Registry in Carlisle on 01228 521 751.